Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a swedish cream sauce to serve over meatballs for Swedish Meatballs or hamburger steaks with onions (Pannbiff Med Lok - patties with onions).
- 295.73 ml cream
- 1 shallot
- 1 carrot
- 14.78 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml beef bouillon (or 1 beef bouillon cube)
- 14.79 ml butter
- fresh ground pepper
- Peel and dice the shallot and carrot.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and saute the vegetables over medium heat until soft.
- Add the cream, soy sauce, bouillon and pepper. Whisk until the cream sauce is thickened and remove from the heat.
- Strain the sauce to remove the vegetable particles. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve over meatballs or patties with onions and/or potatoes.
I slowly sauteed the veggies then verrryyy slowwwwlllyyy brought the cream to a simmer to extract as much flavor as possible from them. Delicious!! Schluuurrrp! Made to go with Pannbiff Med Lok - Meat Patties With Onions for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers!
Surprisingly with those kitchen sink ingredients this was really tasty! It was a bit redundant serving a sauce that contains onions over beef patties that contain onions and a garnish of caramelized onions. However, if you like onions then this would be ideal. After finishing our patties we graduated to dunking our bread in the sauce then running our fingers through the sauce on the platter. No one was there to stop us. PS I did not strain the carrots or the shallots-too precious to discard. Made for ZWT 9.