Recipe by Chef Kate
Another Aquavit recipe, this vinegar/pickling solution is truly delicious. According to Marcus Samuellson, it can be used on anything from berries to herring. I used it to make his pickled beets and loved it. It's easy to make and just needs to to marinate for at least six hours. It will keep in the fridge indefinitely.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Simple & tasty, & definitely a necessary step if you plan to make Chef Kate's recipe #122898 followed by her recipe #122899! That's the only way to get the benefit of the wonderful flavors! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 white peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves, preferably fresh
- 2 allspice berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir until all the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the cooled vinegar into a jar, seal and refrigerate.
- Allow to marinate six hours, or overnight.