Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
How to make perfect Sushi Rice.
- Use "Sushi Rice" only, also knows as "Kagayaki" or"Koshihikari" rice.
- Put rice in a bowl and fill with water you will notice the water is cloudy. Drain water out and repeat the process until the water is clear.
- Bring 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook about 15minutes. Just until all the water is adsorbed, could be more or less time. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove the rice from the heat and let sit, still covered, for 10min.
- Spread rice on a flat surface. You want it to spread out as much as possible to cool quickly.
- Sprinkle on 1 Tbs of SEASONED Rice Vinegar.
- If you have just "Rice Vinegar" combine 1Tbs Vinegar with 1Tbs Sugar and 1tsp Salt and it is the same thing. Put mixture over heat in a sauce pan or in the microwave to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Work vinegar through rice by pushing around with a spoon, also start fanning your rice. You want the rice to cool as quickly as possible.
- The rice should have a sheen all over, if it does not add a little more vinegar.
- Wet your hands and form the rice into a ball, it should stick together and still pull apart into individual pieces.
- Use 3/4 to 1 cup of cooked rice per sheet of Nori (seaweed).
- For a step by step video on how to make the sushi rice search "Nikki Dinki Sushi" on youtube for my instructional video. It can be really nice to see it on a video first! Have fun!
This is the second sushi rice recipe I've tried, and I like this one better. The last one was too sweet. This is easy & delish! Thanks!
PERFECT Sushi Rice!! You cant mess up with these instructions and you have to watch the video!! She shows you everything and it's so helpful!!!