1/2 Photos of Sushi Poppers
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
These sushi poppers are tasty and do not require an expert to prepare. Young children would find these fun to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup freshly cooked short-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1In a large shallow dish, spread rice and sprinkle with seasoned rice vinegar and sesame seeds.
- 2Using a wooden spoon, toss gently to combine, (DO NOT STIR or rice will clump).
- 3Keep rice covered with a damp cloth if not using immediately.
- 4Using wet fingers, place a rounded teaspoonful of rice in the palm of your hand and roll into a ball.
- 5Make an indentation in the center with your finger.
- 6Place your choice of desired filling in the indentation.
- 7In small bowls, make up a combination of fillings that you enjoy.
- 8Dip fingers into water and pack rice firmly around filling to make a small ball.
- 9Repeat with remaining rice and your choice of filling.
- 10Sprinkle each popper with toasted sesame seeds and a dot of wasabi paste and place on a platter.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sushi Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 63.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar