1/2 Photos of Susan's Favorite Beef Enchilada Rice
This is a one-pan tasty and quick weeknight meal! It's something you can spice up any way you like yet is healthy and filling. It's one of my husband's favorite dishes to take to work for leftovers. It reheats really well. The recipe calls for sprinkling cheese on top at the end. I don't do this...and it's still great and filling. Got this recipe from my mom eons ago. This makes a very dry beefy rice...which my family prefers. If you like it more moist, you'll want to alter the rice/broth ratio to suit your tastes. Minced jalapeno's also make a tasty addition if you like some spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (I add lots more!)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (I add lots more!)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (I use garli garni)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies (as hot as you want them!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (can use Rotel!)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 teaspoons parsley (optional)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Brown beef in oil and drain.
- 2Add onions and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except for rice, parsley and cheese and bring to a full boil.
- 4Stir in rice and cook 8 minutes, covered, or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Susan's Favorite Beef Enchilada Rice
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.7
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 956.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g