Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious, creamy simple potato salad! I'm not a fan of the potato salads with all the extra ingredients in it (relish, celery, etc). I love the true flavor of potatoes and hard boiled eggs that this dish creates. This makes a large pot - the perfect size for a potluck! Prep time does not include the cooling time for the potatoes or the eggs.
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 8 hardboiled egg (I've added as many as 10)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 16 ounces mayonnaise (1/2 of a jar, Hellman's or Best Foods Only!)
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- Boil potatoes in the skin for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool potatoes for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Make hardboiled eggs (I love Kittencal's method!) and allow to cool.
- Peel skin from potatoes and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Cut eggs into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients gently and allow to chill for 3 hours.
I've always loved simple potato/egg salads and was drawn to the simplicity of this recipe. I cut the servings back to 4, and made it using some of my latest batch of bmcnicol's Crock Pot Baked Potatoes 259599. I used 4 free-range eggs; I certainly wasn't going to use 31/4 eggs! I confess to adding 2 cloves of finely minced garlic to the onion and about 1/4 teaspoon of fresh chopped basil to about a cup of fresh parsley (didn't actually measure either), and I used a really good mayonnaise. Just delicious, and I've really enjoyed this as a wonderful take-to-work lunch over the past three days. Chilled for longer than three hours! Made for EVERY DAY IS A HOLIDAY! Well it hasn't been - a holiday - but lunch has been something to really look forward to! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.