Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A crustless nut pie covered in cool whip. A family favorite made from pantry ingredients. Time does not include chilling for 2 hours after baking. Makes a thin pie which can easily be double for decadence.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add baking powder. Beat a few seconds.
- Fold in alternately sugar, cracker crumbs and nuts.
- Add vanilla mixing gently.
- Pour into a buttered 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Place in oven and reduce temperature to 250 degrees.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Cool and place in fridge to chill.
- Cover with Cool Whip and return to fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.