Tiny kitchen, big chef's Note:
A crustless nut pie covered in cool whip. A family favorite made from pantry ingredients. Time does not include chilling for 2 hours after baking. Makes a thin pie which can easily be double for decadence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Add baking powder. Beat a few seconds.
- 4Fold in alternately sugar, cracker crumbs and nuts.
- 5Add vanilla mixing gently.
- 6Pour into a buttered 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- 7Place in oven and reduce temperature to 250 degrees.
- 8Bake 45 minutes.
- 9Cool and place in fridge to chill.
- 10Cover with Cool Whip and return to fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surprise Pie
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g