Recipe by Linda N
I got this recipe from the Super Shooter Idea Book. After trying different recipes, this one's my favorite. I think the rich flavor comes from the three egg yolks. I recommend using butter rather than margerine. It really gives the cookies that special flavor.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. With an electric mixer at high speed cream butter until soft.
- 2. Add sugar gradually, continuing to cream about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- 3. Add egg yolks one at a time. Add vanilla. Beat well.
- 4. Add flour in three additions. Mix well after each addition. Dough will be stiff.
- 5. Shape dough into 2 rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- 6. Assemble gun. Fill with cookie dough.
- 7. Bake 7-10 minutes (I bake for 9 minutes) until just starting to turn light brown around the edges, being careful not to overbake.