Chocolate-Dipped Spritz Cookies
A holiday favorite, great taste and presentation on a cookie plate. Easy and ooh so good! Found in a Taste of Home cookie book
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 11 11 ounces white candy coating or 11 ounces milk chocolate confectionary coating
- nuts (optional) or candy sprinkles (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda, gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press, press dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes.
- Original recipe says not to let brown but I prefer it when the edges are slightly brown, it makes the bottoms nice and crispy.
- Remove to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Melt confectionary coating and dip each cookie half way and sprinkle with finely ground nuts or sprinkles.
- I usually do half semi sweet chocolate and half white chocolate and sprinkle with holiday colored non periels.
- Let harden on wax paper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
First of all, it was so much fun to make my own spritz cookies! I made some normal ones and some fish shaped, for our Ichthus bible study group. (Check wikipedia for the fish-ichthus-bible study link.) The first time I made these, I felt they lacked something. I decided it was probably almond flavor and added almond extract for the second batch. This improved them to five star. I don't know how long these will keep officially, but I'm just now eating one that I baked *one month* ago and kept in a biscuit tin (sealed with a paper towel between tin and lid) and it tastes fine...Reply
These are very pretty cookies. I'd made them once and it was for a contest amongst my friends. I kept a little chocolate magnet next to these cookies that read, "If I can't have chocolate in heaven, I'm not going there"! I won and even got published in a magazine. Thanks for bringing back happy memories. These are GREAT cookies!Reply