Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So light and crispy! A great switch from your typical rice krispy treat, peanut buttery, and oh-so-easy! Courtesy of MrBreakfast.com
- 3 cups Special K cereal, lightly crushed
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with a light coating of butter or cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, mix together peanut butter, corn syrup and sugar.
- Heat on high until edge of mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in cereal.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and let it cool completely. Cut into 12 squares and wrap in plastic wrap.
I had about 3 cups of Kashi wheat flake cereal to use up, plus about 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter. So I finished it off with chunky pb and used dark corn syrup as it was all I had. These did not stick together well (kind of crumbled apart) but tasted very good.
They actually used to print this recipe (or one similar) on the Special K box--but then I guess they realized that it's not a recipe conducive to losing weight... (especially since you can't eat just one). A fantastic topping (as though they weren't wonderful already): melt 3 oz butterscotch chips and 3 oz chocolate chips.