Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
these are really good..
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven.Preheat the oven to 325*.Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- to prepare the COOKIES:.
- in a large bowl,using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until smoothly blended, about 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until blended -- about 1 minute.
- on low speed, mix in the graham crackers, flour and salt until a soft dough forms that comes away from the sides of the bowl. Mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- using an ice cream scoop with a 1/4 cup capacity, drop portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, placing them 4" apart.
- Flatten each cookie slightly.to about 3/4" thick.
- bake one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm and the marshmallows near the edge of the cookies have melted and become clear and carmelized, about 15 minutes.
- Some of the marshallows in the cookies will remain white --
- cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- use a small spoon to drizzle the chocolate coating over the cooled cookies.
- leave the cookies at room temperature until the chocolate is firm.about 1 hour.
- the cookies can be individually wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- **NOTE. to make the chocolate coating for drizzling.melt chcoolate chips and oil in top of double boiler, stirring till smooth and chips are all melted.then follow directions above to drizzle over top of cookies.