Recipe by atxfoodies
This recipe comes from my DH's grandmother. Over Christmas she gave me two recipes one for old fashion fudge and then this super simple recipe. I made both and the super simple recipe was voted most delicious by the entire family. Thanks for the recipe Grammie!
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (or 16 regular marshmallows)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 8x8 inch pan or line with parchment paper slightly overlapping pan edges for easy removal after cooling.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a sauce pan stirring constantly.
- Heat to boiling and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add vanilla and walnuts and stir until incorporated.
- Spread into buttered pan.
- Cool until firm (If you are impatient you can place covered in the refrigerator to speed up the process).
- Cut into 1 or 2 inch pieces.