Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just recently was given a crock pot. I love it! I made this for dinner last night and it was melt in your mouth good! I used just a 3 pound roast, I am sure any kind of roast will work fine. I also made real gravy with the juice. When I made this, I used vermouth because thats what I had, but red wine, beer or even white wine would work just as well.
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 celery ribs, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Lipton French Onion soup mix
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups stock, from the pot
- Place meat in crock pot.
- cover with vegetables, garlic, soup mix, vermouth and water.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook for 7-9 hours.
- For the gravy:.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- add flour and whisk to create roux, cook for one minute.
- Whisk in desired amount of liquid for you preference of gravy thickness.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serves 4 with leftovers.
It was delicius, melt in the mouth and so easy to do it. Anyone can makee it, it is perfect and have excellent flavor.Specially for healthy eaters.