Sue's Super Simple Foolproof Delicious Crock Pot Roast
Puts together in a snap! Smells and tastes so heavenly your neighbors will be knocking on your door. Be prepared to share!
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 large onion, cut into big wedges
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or mixture of oregano, basil, or other herbs)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -3 cup chopped vegetables (optional, such as carrots, potatoes, parsnips, turnips, onion- whatever you like) (optional)
- Season roast on both sides with salt and pepper then brown on both sides in oil; place in crock pot.
- If using chopped vegetables, place beneath roast.
- In the pan you browned the roast, brown the onions and garlic until the onion wedges fall apart.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together onion, garlic and all remaining ingredients except optional vegetables.
- Cover roast with tomato mixture.
- Cover crock pot and set on low for 8-10 hours until roast is tender and the meat can twist out with a fork.
- Drain roast and veggies; thicken some of the sauce if you like or serve with other gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I only had a two pound roast. I kept all the ingredients the same. I did add a pound bag of carrots and a bunch of small potatoes. I cooked mine on low for seven hours. For some reason I did not care for the italian seasoning in this. I would either decrease it next time or just not use it. I liked the sauce with the roast but not with the vegetables. Made as a pressie for Aus/NZ swap.Reply