Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Awesome Marinade for salmon. It makes a pretty good dish, I got it from a lodge in British Columbia while fishing for salmon. It made our catch .... AMAZING.
- 2 cups soy sauce, 500 ml
- 10 oranges, juice of
- 1 cup sake or 1 cup mirin, 250 ml
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup, 125 ml
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 30 ml
- 1 tablespoon ginger, 15 ml
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic, 15 ml
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped 1 bunch
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf, 1 bunch
- 1 teaspoon dried chili, 5 ml
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, 5 ml
- 1 teaspoon cumin, 5 ml
- Combine all ingredients and marinade salmon fillets overnight, or at least 2 hours before grilling.
- This batch of flavourful marinade should cover 2 large fillets. Adjust portions for smaller quantities of salmon.