Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the way my Mom made her corn fritters. I recently tried the recipe for myself & it still tasted as good as I remember!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix (I use Krusteaz brand)
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil that is approximately 1/2 deep.
- When ready, drop batter into hot oil by approximately 1 Tablespoon per (these will puff up right away). When they begin to brown around the edges, flip & cook for another 2-3 minutes. This usually takes me 2-3 batches to complete.
- Remove from skillet & drain on paper towels. Serve while hot & crispy.
- I like them best w/out powdered sugar (which is optional after frying) & use these as a side dish to a warm, hearty soup but they're also good on they're own, as a snack food. Enjoy!