1/2 Photos of Super Moist Mocha Cream Cake -- 13 X 9 Pan or Two 9-Inch Layers
My MIL's recipe -- Another cake from the great state of Texas that my family has enjoyed for about 40 years -- This cake is made with more butter, and 1 cup of sour cream, instead of the 1/2 cup called for in most recipes here on Zaar. ******NOTE: Feel free to make this cake the day before you plan to serve -- as some of the reviewers have mentioned, it is even better the day after baking! ****** Can also be baked in two 9-inch layers (metal pans) at 350F for 25-30 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup butter (two sticks equal 1/2 pound)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sour cream (one 8-ounce container)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F for Pyrex, or 350°F for a metal pan.
- 3In saucepan, combine coffee, butter and cocoa. Bring to boil, reduce heat and stir ~ remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla ~ stir in cooled cocoa mixture ~ batter will be thin.
- 5Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch pan; bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Frost while still warm.
- 6Note: Can also be baked in two 9-inch layers (metal pans) at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- 7Chocolate frosting:.
- 8In a hot dry iron skillet, TOAST pecans, stirring constantly until very fragrant ~ be careful not to burn! Chop pecans and set aside ~.
- 9In saucepan, combine butter, milk and cocoa and dash of salt. Bring to boil, reduce temperature and stir until smooth.
- 10Remove from heat and add confectioners sugar ~ beating well.
- 11Add vanilla and chopped TOASTED pecans.
- 12Spread on cake while still warm.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Moist Mocha Cream Cake -- 13 X 9 Pan or Two 9-Inch Layers
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 364.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 58.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g