Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is what I came up with when I was met with a demand for a fried chicken and potatoes kind of comfort food mood. I meant it when I said super loaded! The works! I adapted it from a recipe on the box of my favorite mashed potato flakes, Hungry Jack! Goes great with fried chicken, by the way. ;)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups hungry jack instant mashed potatoes
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French's cheddar french fried onions, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Get your bacon ready, fried or baked, however you like to do it.
- Heat water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and mix in milk, garlic salt, sour cream. Add the potato flakes and combine well, blend in the chives and cooked bacon, crumbled.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spoon potatoes into prepared casserole dish, sprinkle with cheddar french fried onions and parmesan cheese, broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 60 seconds or until golden brown.
- You should have 8 1/2 cup servings. Chow down and enjoy!