Recipe by Jamie Morgenstern
I created these this morning. I was amazed at how well they came out; very moist!
Top Review by Ozzie's Mom
I totally agree with Lingering_Dream's review. I added 1/4 cup of Splenda and these muffins still were not good at all. There was a strong baking powder taste, perhaps 1 1/2 tbsp. was a bit much for 12 small muffins. They were also much to hard on the outside. I ended up having to throw the whole batch away.
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance light butter spread (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- sugar, to taste (I used 1 t splenda) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Add the baking powder, whisk thoroughly.
- Add in the cinnamon and nutmeg, ensuring homogeneity.
- Add the oats. For moister muffins, add an extra 1/4 cup milk at this point.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the centers have solidified.
- Makes 12 small to medium sized muffins.