Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
from the special edition cooking for 2 magazine Spring 2008 www.cookingfor2.com
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- On two slices of bread, layer the cheeses; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches; sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 1-2 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Love this combo of cheeses! I used havarti instead of swiss as I had it on hand (and it needed used). Also used whole wheat sandwich bread. I put the garlic (powder not salt) and parsley on the inside of the sandwich and it added a nice hint of garlic. Thanks for sharing!
Yummy! This twist on classic comfort food is wonderful! We enjoyed this with Buffalo Chicken Soup Thanks for posting such a yummy treat! Made for PAC 2009!!!