1/1 Photo of Super Gooey Chocolate Drops
The best chocolate cookies ever! These are from FN.com's 12 Days of Cookies Newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 (11 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1Position racks in the lower and upper third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats. (If you don't have 3 pans, simply cool the pan between batches.).
- 2Put the butter and the unsweetened and semisweet chocolates in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 75 percent power in the microwave until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir and heat again until melted, up to 2 minutes more. (Alternatively, put the chocolates and butter in a heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with an inch or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl over, but not touching the water, and stir occasionally until melted and smooth.).
- 3Stir the light brown and granulated sugars and vanilla into the chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs and buttermilk and beat vigorously until thick and glossy.
- 4In another bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, cinnamon and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks and dried cherries, if using.
- 5Drop the batter in heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets--a small ice cream scoop is ideal for this. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart. Bake until the cookies set but are soft and fudgy on the inside, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Serve.
- 7Store cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Gooey Chocolate Drops
Serving Size: 1 (1579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3222.9
- Calories from Fat 1442
- Total Fat 160.3 g
- Saturated Fat 95.4 g
- Cholesterol 550.3 mg
- Sodium 824.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 456.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.8 g
- Sugars 342.6 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: