Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
WARNING: If you don't like mushrooms, just don't try this recipe because it IS mushrooms. I like mushrooms, so I give you mushroom risotto from The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook.
Top Review by dolcetta46
Risotto ai funghi (mushroom risotto) is one of my favourites... I love risotto, and I love all sorts of mushrooms!! My suggestion is to mix in some porcini mushrooms along with other shrooms stated, if available. Or you could use just a tiny amount of dried porcini in tiny pieces (soaked in water for a while) and mix it in the stock. The intense flavour of porcini is any shroom lover's dream come true!!
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock and wine to a boil in a small sauce pan, reduce heat and keep at a simmer.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the leeks and cook for five minutes.
- Add the crimini mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft.
- Add the rice to the pan and give it a stir until it becomes translucent.
- Add one cup of the stock mixture to the pan and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the liquid 1/2 a cup at a time, each time stirring.
- Stir in the button mushrooms and the last 1/2 cup of liquid, stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the parmesan and parsley.