Recipe by Marz
This is a dense, and fudgy brownie loaded with chocolate, with a swirled cream cheese mixture. You just have to try these! Got the recipe from Everyday Food magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush a 9 inch square baking pan with butter (don't forget the sides). Line bottom with parchment paper leaving a 2 inch over hang. Butter paper and set pan aside.
- In a small bowl whisk 1 cup flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- For cream cheese mixture, In another small bowl add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, flour and one egg. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large heat proof bowl set over (not in) a sauce pan of simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove bowl from pan.
- Add 1 1/4 cup sugar, mix and combine. Add 3 eggs and mix and combine. Add flour mixture just until combined and moistened. (be careful not to over mix!).
- Alternately spoon chocolate batter and cream cheese mixture into pan. With a tip of a pairing knife, swirl to marble.
- Bake until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. About 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan for 30 minutes, using paper overhang lift brownies out of pan; transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely (still on paper). On a cutting board, using a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares. Store in airtight container at room temperature.