Recipe by Ashley S.
The wine really sets this recipe off! It's super simple and a go to favorite of mine that I could eat everyday! Sometimes if I don't have pancetta I'll just use bacon and occasionally if I have leftover priscutto I'll throw some of that in there as well. This is the easiest, tastiest carbonara recipe I have ever made!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We liked this, I thought it as good carbonara!!! I used bacon, and penne pasta. This is always a favourite dish of ours and this recipe does not disappoint. Made for I Recommend, thank you Ashley!
- 453.59 g pasta (I like cavatappi)
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g pancetta, diced
- 226.79 g thick cut bacon, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, slightly bruised and skins removed
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 354.88 ml pecorino cheese
- 2 eggs
- lots fresh ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, to finish off
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook pancetta, bacon, and garlic with olive oil in a pan. You'll want the garlic to turn a nice golden (not burnt!) color.
- While this cooks in a seperate bowl (make sure it's large enough to mix with all ingredients at the end) mix the cheese, 2 eggs, and pepper. Set this aside until pasta is done.
- When pancetta and bacon is crisp and garlic is golden add in the cup of white wine and scrap the little bits off the bottom of your pan. Cook for a few minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Drain pasta and let cool slightly, maybe 1 minutes.
- Add to bowl with cheese and egg mixture and stir, stir, stir! I stir until most of the cheese seems melted, then add in the bacon mixture and stir some more. Top it off with fresh parsley and enjoy!