This comes via 500 All Time Great Recipes. Sometimes instead of bacon, I have used leftover ham or bologna sausage. I have also added in leftover peas.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons light cream
- salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated (divided)
- basil, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water, for 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and reserve.
- Lightly beat the eggs and cream together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain well and return to the pan.
- Add the bacon/mushroom mixture and any pan juices and stir into the pasta.
- Pour in the egg/ cream mixture and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir well and as you do this the eggs will cook in the heat of the noodles.
- Pile on to warmed serving plates, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more