Easy Chicken Carbonara
photo by gardeninthepocket
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt (to taste)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 4 ounces mushrooms (or fresh)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used four cheese Mexican)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt half a stick of butter in a saucepan. Cook chicken, garlic, bacon bits, mushrooms, onion and peas until tender and you won't get food poisoning. Season with a bit of salt, onion powder and old bay. .
- (Tip: I put my chicken on a George Foreman grill for four minutes to give it those crispy lines, but you can cook it in the pan.).
- Move cooked ingredients to the side and mix together half a stick of butter and four tablespoons of flour on low to medium heat (3 minutes) until it resembles a creamy paste.
- Stir in two cups of milk and a cup of chicken broth and mix well. Bring to a slow boil. Mix often.
- Add one cup of shredded cheese and a cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Get creative! .
- Add your other cooked ingredients. Allow to thicken and simmer on low for about ten minutes. Add more milk or chicken broth if you want a thinner sauce or you find the cheese gets stringy.
- Use over your favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!