Easy Chicken Carbonara
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb diced white meat chicken
- 10 slices bacon (cut in small pieces)
- 2 -3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter or 4 -5 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 jars of ragu creamy alfredo sauce
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- Marinate chicken with minced garlic, salt, pepper and liquid smoke for about an hour or two in the fridge.
- Melt 3 Tbs.
- of butter in frying pan and add your marinated chicken and cook until done.
- Set aside in a dish.
- Melt 2 Tbs.
- butter in the same frying pan and add in the onions and cook until halfway done.
- Add in your mushrooms next and cook the liquid out of them.
- When the mushrooms are halfway done add in your red bellpepper.
- Set this mixture aside in a bowl.
- Fry your bacon until done.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, boil your noodles in salted water.
- Remove the drippings from the pan but do not wipe it clean.
- Pour both jars of the alfredo sauce and add a little water.
- I normally add it to the jar and swish it around to get the rest of the sauce from the jar.
- Once sauce starts to simmer pour all of your veggies from the bowl into the sauce and add in your chicken.
- Stir well.
- Let simmer for about 10- 15 minutes or until chicken is heated to desire temperature.
- Drain your noodles and add your sauce together or pour your sauce on top of your noodles.
- Whichever you prefer or is easier for you!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Jeanette and I was born and raised in Houston, Texas! I came across this website one day while doing a search on the computer for a really good salisbury steak recipe (which came out great...thanks to recipe# 23811) Since then, I make it a daily routine to log into Recipezaar at least 2 or 3 times a day. I feel like I've viewed every recipe in here but to my amazement I always find myself printing a recipe that I must have overlooked. My Recipezaar collection of recipes has gotten so big that I had to make a special binder just to keep track of all the new recipes that I have printed out. I love trying out new recipes on my husband and to tell you the truth he doesn't mind at all...what a good husband! For a while there it felt like I was cooking the same thing over and over each week. Not anymore though...thanks to all of you and Recipezaar :)