Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I know that there are many chicken tikka recipes on the net, but this recipe is different on the account that it is not only kids friendly but uses the ingredients which commonly found in every pantry.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, pwd
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Wash and chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix juice from one lemon, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp paprika.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture for about 2 hours.
- To prepare the sauce:.
- chop the onion.
- Heat two tblspn vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Add onion, chopped garlic and ginger.
- cook till they are softened( abt. 5 min.).
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till everything is mushy.
- Take away the mixture from heat and let it cool down a bit.
- put the mixture into the blender with 1/4 cup of milk and cashewnuts and blend everything till smooth.
- put the mixture again on low heat and add all the dry spices including salt and pepper.
- Add rest of the milk, cream and sugar.
- In another frying pan, heat 2 tblsp of butter and fry chicken till brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken to the simmering sauce and let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the chicken over the bed of steamed basmati rice or flat Indian bread.
- Garnish the chicken tikka masala with fresh coriander if wished.