Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I actually got this recipe in a package of Perdue chicken. Its definately the easiest chicken parm recipe I've tried. It's both unique and very tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope herb with garlic soup mix
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In 13x9 casserole or baking dish, spread out chicken breasts and arrange tomatoes around them. Use edge of spoon to break tomatoes up into smaller chunks.
- In medium sized bowl, mix together water, butter, and soup mix. Once mixed well, pour over chicken and tomatoes and bake for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over chicken and bake for an additional 5 minutes or so, until cheese is melted.
This was very good, so different from the usual breaded and fried chicken parmesan. I used chicken tenders and a 1.6 ounce packet of Knorr herb with garlic sauce mix. I served this over angel hair pasta to soak up all the flavorful juices.