- 3 -4 lbs pork shoulder
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce barbecue sauce (I use Stubb's honey pecan, it has an amazing flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ciabatta rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn crock pot on "low".
- Rub seasoning salt and black pepper into roast.
- Pour Dr. Pepper into crock pot. (I used diet).
- Place shoulder roast in crock pot, cover and allow to cook 6-8 hours.
- Place cole slaw mix, mayo and sugar in a bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate. Cole slaw will sweat and be a good consistency by the time the meat is cooked.
- Pull apart meat using two forks, discarding fat. I leave the meat in larger chunks instead of smaller strands and prefer the texture when eating it.
- Heap onto ciabatta rolls, add a shot of Stubb's honey pecan and top with slaw.