Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This I found in Bert Greens The grains cookbook! Tweaked of course! This is served with 4-6 poached eggs on top,if desired! Or serve as a side.
- 29 ounces hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1 can chopped mild green chili
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- Process hominy and cream in food processor pulsing for 5 seconds, until coarsely ground.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and jalapeno cook 2 minute stir in chilies and the hominy mixture.
- Cook stirring constantly until it begins to bubble about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This was really good! My stomach had a tiny problem with it hahaha.. but it was great! I think I added a bit more onion, and I was out of jalapenos so I used a serrano pepper. I didnt have a lot of cheese with it however... I really enjoyed it more without the cheese :-) I put it on top of a rice patty.. (a patty I make using cooked rice mashed to a paste and flour.. fried in a little oil! yum!) and used a little ketchup on it too hehehe :-) This made a terrific lunch. THANK YOU!!!