Top Review by Supermom49
I have used this recipe, using left-over Easter egg coloring water instead of the water and food coloring, it's a great way to use what's left over after coloring those Easter eggs. This makes a LOT of dough, so we cut it in 1/4's and use up all of the colors so we get a variety (we usually have to add a little food coloring to the yellow).......the kids can have fun for hours with this and the great part is that it keeps for a long, long time if you store it in the refrigerator.....
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 3 drops food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the ingredients together in a saucepan. Cook the mixture slowly (here's where an adult should help), stirring constantly in til the clay pulls away from the side of the pan and you can no longer move the spoon.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and, after it cools a bit, knead it until it becomes smooth and pliable.
- Store in a zip lock bag or tightly sealed container to keep it fresh. If for some reason it does dry out a little, add a few drops of oil and water then knead it again to make it as good as new.