Magical Modeling Clay
- Ready In:
- 72hrs 30mins
- 8 -10 slices white bread
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle of white all-purpose glue
- Trim the crust away from the bread.
- Pinch the bread into very small pieces.
- Slowly pour the glue into the bread pieces and mix by hand until a dough has formed.
- Package the dough in a plastic bag or airtight container and refrigerate overnight to "ripen.".
- Lightly coat your hands with vegetable oil if dough is not too sticky to handle.
- Knead the ripened dough until smooth and pliable.
- Divide dough and color with food coloring or acrylic paints if desired.
- The addition of the liquid in the form of coloring will cause the dough to become a little sticky again, but just keep on working the dough - it will regain its manageable state.
- Model dough into desired shapes and insert twisted pipe cleaners into the backs of your figures for hanging or simply form a hole with a toothpick.
- Air dry on wax paper.
- It will take from 1 to 3 days, depending on the thickness of your ornament.
- Can also roll and cut this clay.
- Keep in airtight container in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A former journalist and wine consultant, I'm now on disability because I have MS. I am passionate about children's advocacy issues, Marc Chagall and international cuisine. My biggest pet peeve is people in the grocery checkout line who "forgot just one little thing" and leave the line, holding everybody else hostage until he or she finishes shopping. I enjoy helping my friends NCMystery Shopper, Mama's Kitchen and Chef V co-host the Beverages forum here on Zaar. Look forward to seeing everyone there!