Recipe by Shawnee TX
The freshness of the blood orange juice adds an extra brightness to these muffins and the surprise of raspberry preserves in the middle make them fun to eat, too!
Top Review by Brutus
These are awesome! Everyone in my house loved them, and I'm making them now for a second time. I used our homemade black raspberry jam last time, and it's running low so I picked up some blackcurrant preserves and am excited to see how that turns out. Thanks for a great recipe, these are a great breakfast on the go for my morning walk to work.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup blood orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, poppy seed and zest together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together blood orange juice, butter milk, melted butter and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full of batter.
- Drop approximately 1 teaspoon of raspberry preserves on top of each muffin.
- Divide remaining batter into each muffin tin, covering preserves.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.