Posted for ZWT5 from care2.com site. Interesting that it has allspice in it. Notice that you chill the dressing but not necessarily the assembled salad. And it might not taste quite the same without silty, white glowing sand stuck between your toes and the near promise of a turquoise swim, but you can always imagine.
- 1⁄2 cup sour orange juice (or 3/8 cup lime juice with 2 tablespoons mild vinegar)
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed peeled and finely minced
- 1 -2 serrano chili, thinly sliced in rounds
- generous pinch allspice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 -3 sweet oranges (or other citrus)
- 1 red onion, peeled rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- Combine all of the dressing components 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Arrange the salad in a bowl or serving plater.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad to cover.
- Serve cool, but not overly chilled for the best flavor.