Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake will be a hit. It is so simple. Some real coffeecake lovers thought it was wonderful, moist, delicious and velvety. So here it is, and I hope you enjoy it, too.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, with a little juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple (a little juice and a little fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- FOR THE CAKE: Beat together all the ingredients, for 4 minutes, at medium speed. Spread batter evenly into a greased 10 inch tube pan and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
- When cook, remove from pan and brush top with Pineapple glaze, and allow a little to drip down the sides. Serves 10.
- FOR THE GLAZE: Stir together pineapple and sugar until blended.
- NOTE: This cake is a good choice for a ladies luncheon, for it is very light and very delicious.
- Easiest & Best! Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.
Love it and it is easy! Thanks.
Maybe I shouldn't rate this because I deviated so wildly from the recipe, but I think the basic concept is the same. It was a jumping off point to use some things I had on hand. I used lemon cake mix instead of yellow, used flax and water to replace the eggs, and instead of sour cream, I used some baby food bananas and pears I had left over. I added chopped pecans, and 1/4 tsp. salt. The result has good texture and good flavor. Glad I found the recipe.
Just made this. Found it very bland. Didn't taste the pineapple at all.