Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in my Mom's recipes that she had found in magazines many years ago. It looked good to me and one I will try since it is a small recipe for 3-4 people.
- 2 small apples, cored and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 large banana, sliced
- lettuce leaf
- Toss together the apples, grapes, celery and sunflower nuts.
- Fold yogurt and bananas into the above fruit mixture.
- Serve on a salad plate lined with fresh lettuce leaves.
- You may want to garnish the salad with additional banana slices.
Shar-on, your salad was a hit at our Easter dinner! Several of us our on diets, so I used low-fat lemon yogurt. I double the recipe, added some walnuts with the sunflower seeds, used red and green seedless grapes, but only one banana. I did not use lettuce leaves, and it really didn't need it. This is a great twist on the traditional Waldorf Salad, and very good tasting. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This is a wonderful salad. I had it at lunch this afternoon and loved every single spoon of it. I also left out the lettuce leaves, which really are not a must in the recipe, in my opinion. This will be a regular at my table;) Thank you very much for the recipe!