Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I don't even remember where I got this recipe. When we have a big breakfast on Sunday morning this is always one of the favorites! If using only all-purpose flour, reduce the milk by 1/2 cup.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups luke warm milk
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or 1/8 teaspoon lemon oil)
- Blend the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients in another bowl and add to dry.
- Whisk together until mixed.
- Scoop or pour about 1/2 cup into a hot waffle iron.
- Serve immediately with warm maple syrup.