cookee monster's Note:
From Country Living. This tender roast beef fills the house with incredible aroma from the Country Living website. Most of the prep time is standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless bottom round roast or 1 (4 -5 lb) rump roast
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (I only had fine pepper and used 3/4 tablespoon)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt (I used 2 teaspoons Kosher salt)
- 1Prepare the Roast: Adjust the rack to the bottom of the oven and heat to 425 degrees F. Blot any excess moisture from the roast, rub the Worcestershire sauce over the entire roast, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, turning it twice.
- 2Combine the powdered garlic, onion powder, paprika, and 1 tablespoon coarse-ground pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the roast, pressing it, and let the roast stand for 20 to 30 minutes. Rub the meat with 2 teaspoons salt, place fat side up in a shallow roasting pan, and roast for 15 minutes.
- 3Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and continue to roast until the meat's internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F -- about 2 hours. Let the roast stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
- 4Prepare the Gravy: Skim any fat from the liquid that remains in the roasting pan. Whisk the flour and 1/2 cup water together to a paste; set aside.
- 5Scrape the drippings from the bottom of the roasting pan, add the beef broth, and stir over medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer. While continuously whisking, add the flour paste and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. If needed, add a little water to thin the gravy. Add remaining salt and pepper; serve warm. (I thought the gravy was a little to thin and I didn't add the extra salt or pepper.).
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Best Roast Beef With Pan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 1126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 51.5 g