Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Vegetarian Meals for Babies and Young Children", this recipe is suggested for 4-5 year olds. It can be frozen. Times are guesstimates.
- 2 medium zucchini
- olive oil
- 45 g butter or 45 g margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- herb-seasoned salt, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g grilled or marinated red capsicums, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Wash and trim zucchini and cut in half lengthwise.
- Lay out on a baking tray and brush with olive oil.
- Grill on medium to high heat and allow zucchini to brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat, chop into pieces and set aside.
- In a large saucepan fry the onion in melted butter on medium heat until the onion is transparent.
- Add the arborio rice and stir until coated with butter.
- Add 2 cups water, the bouillon cube, tomatoes and herb salt; allow mixture to simmer. The rice will start to absorb the liquid.
- Stir regularly.
- Once most of the liquid has been absorbed, add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and capsicum.
- Add up to another 1/2 cup water if needed.
- Continue to simmer, stirring regularly.
- When the rest of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, add the basil and grilled zucchini.
- Remove risotto from the heat and serve.