Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For use in grilled Italian sandwiches, bruschetta, or salad dressings.
- Coarsely chop the sun-dried tomatoes; combine them with the olive oil in a bowl; let soak for 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor; pulse tomatoes until they form a smooth moist paste.
- Transfer pesto to a resealable, airtight container.
- The pesto can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The oil, which will preserve the pesto’s color and flavor, should form a 1/4 to ½ inch thick layer on top of the pesto; add additional oil if necessary.
- Stir before using.