Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Be sure to make lots of this one as it always disappears very quickly!
- 500 g shell pasta, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- Fry bacon until crisp, set aside.
- Fry onion until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, mustard and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bacon to tomato mixture and toss over cooked pasta.
Had been wanting to try this for ages and when I finally did was very disappointed. Tasted very bland and was colourless, even though I added some fresh cherry tomatoes.
This is a nice change for a pasta salad. I've never had bacon in one before and it is a really nice addition! I did add a little olive oil to the mix and used a cup of yellow cherry tomatoes (halved) in addition to the sun-dried. Thanks for the post!