Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A variation of an old favorite. I found this in a crockpot recipe book but found that I could do it just as easily in the oven.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup couscous
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, including tops, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Drain and finely chop In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes with ground beef, couscous, egg, milk, bell pepper, green onions, salt, black pepper, and chili powder Form into a 7 X 6" oval.
- Place on a trivet in a small cooker.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or until done.
- *Note:This same recipe for the meat loaf may be baked in an oven at 350F for about 1 1/2 hours.