Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I will admit that I have not made this yet. But this recipe looked so good, I wanted to post and share with others. If the breast halves are small, you may have to use 4.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, large size
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained, sliced (oil packed)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice each breast in half lengthwise and pound to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in a food processor and pulse.
- Place flour in shallow bowl.
- Mix eggs and water in a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge both sides of chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- Pat crumb mixture into both sides of chicken and place on a plate.
- Heat oil, in an oven proof skillet, over medium high heat.
- Saute chicken for about 3 minutes on one side, flip it over, then place in oven.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through, this will depend on how thin you pounded your chicken.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I found this recipe in Cuisine at Home magazine. It is my hubby's favorite chicken dish. Simply delicious!! Thanks for posting! :O)