Food & Wine 1998. Wine: sauvignon blanc
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth or 5 cups homemade stock, more if needed
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, more for serving
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and water to a simmer. In a large pot, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the rice to the pot and stir until it begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the wine and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until all the wine has been absorbed.
- 4Add the sun-dried tomatoes and about 1/2 cup of the simmering broth to the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until the broth has been completely absorbed.
- 5The rice and broth should bubble gently; adjust the heat as needed. Continue cooking the rice, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb the broth before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- 6Cook the rice in this way until tender, 25 to 30 minutes in all. The broth that hasn't been absorbed should be thickened by the starch from the rice.
- 7You may not need to use all of the liquid, or you may need more broth or some water. Stir in the pepper, pesto, and Parmesan. Serve the risotto with additional Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 1058.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: