Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fresh twist on the usual pasta salad. It uses crisp summer veggies, such as green onions, carrots adn cherry tomatoes and uses light cream cheese for the dressing. I came up with this recipes myself, so ingredient amounts are estimates. Adjust them to your own liking and feel free to swap veggies according to what you have on hand. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! :)
- 125 g pasta (I used gf corn conchiglie)
- 10 g herb-infused butter (or use ordinary butter and add a few Italian herbs)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (I used a light one)
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small green onion, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, diced (about a 1/4 package)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder (I used an asian blend)
- 2 dashes paprika
- Cook pasta according to package direction until al dente (firm to the bite).
- Drain and add in cream cheese and butter. With a spoon mix until everything is well coated. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine cut veggies, feta cheese, spices and herbs. Add pasta and toss to mix.
A crystal delight to the palette! We used all the vegetables suggested and added some cucumber, and added a olive or two, and this magnificent salad was ready. I served this at room temperature, and we couldn't get enough. Loved the vegetables mixed so nicely with the dressing. Perfect combo!
We loved this healthy recipe! I added cucumber and black olives and grated the carrots to keep the texture from being too crunchy. The cream cheese coating is delicious so I made more to boost its flavour on the pasta. The paprika was great with it so I added more of that too! I'll be making this frequently for take-to-work lunches!
I found it a bit dry for my palate but a bit of homemade mayo cured that part. Overall it was a great summer basic. I grated my veggies too rather than chunk them, using carrots, zucchini, along with the minced green onion and cherry tomatoes. I also added a bunch of chopped cilantro.