Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unusual and tasty combination of colors and textures, courtesy of patismexicantable.com
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups tomatillos, husks removed, thoroughly rinsed, quartered and thinly sliced (about 1/2 pound)
- 2⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or queso fresco)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, about 5 to 6, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno (seeding optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the watermelon cubes and tomatillo slices in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the chopped mint and jalapeno. Squeeze the fresh lime juice on top, stir in the vinegar, sprinkle the salt and mix. Pour the olive oil and vegetable oil, and mix with a whisk or fork until well emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette on top of the watermelon and tomatillos, toss well and sprinkle the cheese on top.