Recipe by kittycatmom
Fresh cottage cheese salad. Utilize the veggies from your garden. I'm not sure when I started making this salad. My grandma came up with it years ago, and I've made some simple changes to make it my own. **I've never had this salad on a bun, but my fellow Zaarites have taken gorgeous pictures in that form. I think I'll try it on a toasted onion bagel!
- 1 (24 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped fine (use tops)
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, de-seed for less juice and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain excess fluid from cottage cheese. (If you decide to put in on bread, you may want to drain in a strainer.).
- Gently fold together shredded carrot, green pepper, onions, tomato and cottage cheese.
- Place in serving dish, and refrigerate until ready to serve.