Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Quick Cooking Magazine. Prep time does not include marinating time. Try these tempting tacos when you're looking for a change of pace from regular tacos. A mild zing from the lime juice in the marinade for the chicken comes through after grilling. I like to serve them with salsa, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. -Susan Scott, Asheville, North Carolina
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 6 taco shells, warmed
- shredded cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first eight ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Cut into thin strips; serve in tortilla or taco shells with desired toppings.
I've been looking for a marinade that incorporated what I usually have at home. This one is it! Marinade was really good! I also used fresh cilantro instead of parsley and added cumin seeds instead of ground. Thank you for sharing, I definitely will be making this again.
Delicious!!!! I really loved these tacos:) The marinade really does provide a multitude of possibilites here - sandwiches, wraps, salads... The flavor was light and fresh and I'll definitely be making this one again - Thanks for sharing.
This is really a marinade recipe, and it's good! garlic, lime, and herbs shine through into the finished taco, which we served on flour Gorditas. Although this is billed as "summertime" fare and for outdoor grilling, we used the broiler in January with great results. Made for Market Tag, Jan 09.