Recipe by Cookin'withGas
A nice simple soup/stew, although I think calling it a 'summer' stew is a misnomer since I think it is a perfect starter for any Autumn menu!
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped (divided in half)
- 1⁄2 lb yellow potato, raw grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups kernel corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (boneless skinless breasts preferred)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, saute the onion and bay leaf in the oil over medium heat for 4 minute.
- The add the green pepper, zucchini and garlic; saute for 4 minute.
- While the zucchini sautes, take ½ of the tomatoes and puree them in your blender.
- Add the pureed tomatoes to the sauteed zucchini mixture along with the chicken, potato, corn, pepper and the remaining chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat and simmer for 10-15 minute.
- Remove bay leaf, stir in marjoram and serve.